To all Screenwriters, and Writer/Directors- this is kind of last minute as I stumbled across this today, but if you have a feature length project underway, and have applied for other things, you likely have a resume/cv, bio, headshot, etc, sort of package already. Posting and sending out to the list for those who might be interested, or might know someone who is interested.
From website: New this year: we invite international — in addition to Canadian — screenwriters and writer-directors to apply by December 18, 2020..
TIFF Writer’s Studio 12/18/2020
TIFF Writers’ Studio is designed for mid-level screenwriters and writer-directors across Canada (and internationally) who wish to extend their creative and business skills. Applicants must be credited as a writer on a minimum of either one (1) feature film or one (1) television series. TIFF Writers’ Studio is geared towards feature-length scripts. Writers working in broadcast, interactive, web series, and transmedia with an interest in feature-length production are welcome to apply (should they meet the criteria outlined in #2). Applicants must be in development (minimum first draft complete) on a feature-length project. Successful applicants should be ready to submit a copy of their script to TIFF by February 12, 2021, so that it may be read by mentors and peers and workshopped during the programme. Applicants must commit to attending the full programme in order to be considered. IMPORTANT: The 2021 edition of TIFF Writers’ Studio will offer a full week of interactive programming online. International applicants, please note that all sessions will be programmed in the EST time zone.
- A five-day intensive lab — focused on screenwriting, the creative process, and the business of film — to take place online in March 2021
- Mentorship from TIFF programming teams and expert guests
- Dedicated one-on-one discussions with script consultants/editors
- Peer-to-peer mentorship with the selected participants
- Access to the 2021 Toronto International Film Festival
- Access to TIFF’s Industry Conference, Business Centre, and Delegate Resources
- A complimentary one-year TIFF Membership, which includes discounts on our movie tickets (screenings available once TIFF Bell Lightbox reopens)
- Access to films and special events screened at TIFF Bell Lightbox during the programme
- Access to TIFF’s renowned Film Reference Library and archival collection